Speedy's Cafe - General Chat about anything you like!

I do have a wool coat in sort of a similar style, but it’s not nearly as nice.

I still have a coat bought in the 90ies. I'm picky with coats (as I am with everything), so it's hard to get a replacement. Plus, the coat isn't in use lately because coats, while being great for waiting on a bus stop, are rather inconvenient while driving.

But thinking about it… it's black-sh, even if the shape it's a bit different. I could make a red buttonhole…

Oh I hate driving in coats. I do it, because my car takes ages to warm up, but it feels like I'm wearing a straight jacket. 

Heh, all Sherlock fans should have a coat with a red button hole, like a secret handshake. You see each other in the street and just give a small nod of acknowledgement. 

• Like 4

I know it's not a Monday (thank god) but I will have forgotten it by that. Very apt, this is me on a good Monday when I'm lookin' good. 

f8cf47cbc8af6039242da4d45e4fd528.jpg

Don't get discouraged.

Look at the bright side:

So, no news with S5 eh?

• Like 2

Have any of you played/done 'Zombies, Run!'? It's a running app that's also a game as you complete missions and progress through the story as you go. Looks fun, think I'll be having a crack at it once it gets light enough to go running safely. 

So, no news with S5 eh?

Given how blah season 4 left me I think that is good news.

Em5DIHI.gif

• Like 1

*shrug* 'Tis true. If we got another season like that I'd rather not bother really. Of course, hopefully, they'll have got all of that out of their systems but I'm still wary. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I'm hoping for "gotten all that out of their systems."  That what they seem to be saying lately, that TFP is the end of Part One,  They've shown us how Sherlock and John got to be the modern equivalents of Doyle's Holmes and Watson, so now they're ready for modern adaptations of the classic adventures.

• Like 1

Just as long as they don't spoil the happy ending. I am open to some crime solving fun as part of the happily ever after but that's it. And nobody lay a finger on Rosie!

• Like 2

Urgh, Rosie. It still stumps me how they can effectively include her. But I agree, if they harm a hair on her fuzzy little head, I shall turn absolutely monstrous!

• Like 2

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised (she probably inherited the kidnap-victim gene from her father).  As long as she comes through it unscathed, that's fine with me.  Within reason, of course.

• Like 2

It's fine with me, as long as she comes out OK.  What makes me kind of sigh about it is that kidnapping Rosie is at once predictable and unavoidable.  It's not a terribly creative plot, and yet it has to be exploited as one of John's "pressure points."

• Like 2

Because it would be so predictable, I hope they wouldn't do it. Mary's death scene aside, predictability isn't really a sin committed too often on Sherlock.

• Like 3

Hopefully not, or at least it would hopefully be creatively done.  

Maybe we can just pick things up in a few years when she's away at boarding school and call it good.

• Like 1

I don't think John is the type to send his kid to boarding school, but that would be a handy way to make her scarce. 

If they got a good child actor to play her and didn't overdo it with the screen time, Rosie could actually be more of an addition to the cast than her mother was in my eyes. I would like her to stay in the background, not get kidnapped, and just provide occasional glimpses into the civilian life of John Watson.

I liked her little scene with Sherlock in The Six Thatchers. That was cute.

• Like 3

That's true, I liked Sherlock calling her Watson too. It could be done well, I've read some fics with Rosie that have her fit really well, though she's normally still pretty young in those. 

• Like 1

If they got a good child actor to play her and didn't overdo it with the screen time, Rosie could actually be more of an addition to the cast than her mother was in my eyes. I would like her to stay in the background, not get kidnapped, and just provide occasional glimpses into the civilian life of John Watson.

I liked her little scene with Sherlock in The Six Thatchers. That was cute.

I agree.  (I'd even be willing to let them kidnap her once, if they really, really needed to.)

I got the impression from the TFP epilog that John had moved back into Baker Street, bringing Rosie with him of course.  We haven't yet seen John's bedroom, but surely that's not all there is on the next floor up.  My best guess is that when Mrs. Hudson (or the previous owner) converted the house into flats (plus a restaurant), she redid just the first two floors, leaving the top two floors just as they had been when it was a house.  So there's presumably more than just the one bedroom up there, and another one or two could readily be tidied up, repainted, etc., for Rosie's use.  She and John could even have their own sitting room for days when Sherlock is stinking up "his" flat with chemical experiments.  (Unless Rosie enjoys Uncle Sherlock's stinks, that is.)

I cannot imagine John moving back there - certainly not with a child. My impression was that he was coming and going freely with his own key like he had been doing ever since he got married and just brought Rosie with him sometimes because he couldn't always get a babysitter and besides, John seems like the kind of father who likes to spend time with his kid.

• Like 2