Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have upped the sarcasm a couple of notches.  :D

 

Yup, Sherlock fandom will wither away.  Just like those damn Trekkies -- show got cancelled in 1969, and they haven't been heard from since.

 

  • Like 3
Posted

I have upped the sarcasm a couple of notches. :D

 

Yup, Sherlock fandom will wither away. Just like those damn Trekkies -- show got cancelled in 1969, and they haven't been heard from since.

Nope, they definitely have not been heard from since. *she secretly does :llp: and remembers all of the Trekkie conventions she's heard about over the years as well as all of the other cons that Trekkies show up at.* ;)

  • Like 2
Posted

I have upped the sarcasm a couple of notches.  :D

 

Yup, Sherlock fandom will wither away.  Just like those damn Trekkies -- show got cancelled in 1969, and they haven't been heard from since.

 

 

Absolutely precisely! :P :P :P  (I'll see your couple of notches and raise you another notch.)

  • Like 2
Posted

Of course, you do all realise that Sherlock Holmes stands head and shoulders above the whole of Starfleet and The UFP, even the Prime Directive!

This latest version is just that: a new take on a classic theme. Should they choose not to continue, he will return in another guise, whether young or old, with or without Dr Watson, in ten, twenty, thirty years' time.

Which is one of the reasons I am such a staunch Granada Series fan: good adaptations, good acting, suitable filming and editing for its time, no shocks, no surprises; one knew what to expect, more or less. The modernisation has become a bit of a media circus.More power to them!

  • Like 1
Posted

And yet... how frightfully boring to know what to expect.  That's what's so lovely about the new series.  It mixes up the elements for a completely new interpretation.

  • Like 1
Posted

I shall leave you to your deductions! Expect the unexpected and all that circus!

  • Like 1
Posted

January 2017, that is... 18 months plus a few days from now, yes. A long time, but we'll have production news and a trailer and photos and some wonderful speculation sooner. And the special. I bet that will be crazy.

 

I was about to say I wished the lead actors weren't quite so successful, as I suspect the series would move along much quicker if they had less other projects to attend to. But that would be mean. No, no, I'm happy for them. But... There's just nothing either has done that I like quite as well as Sherlock, so...

  • Like 2
Posted

They still gotta eat between seasons of Sherlock, though.  So if they weren't in a position to pick and choose, they might end up in an American twenty-some-episodes-a-year television series, with precious little time for anything else -- even Sherlock.

 

  • Like 2
Posted

Too me it's amazing how much all the actors have benefited from SHERLOCK down to the most minor bit player.  SHERLOCK is their calling card, and they've all done quite well.  You can follow a lot of the minor characters actors on Twitter.  

  • Like 1
Posted

I like to think some of them would have made it anyway.

But certainly Sherlock has done none of them any harm.

  • Like 1
Posted

January 2017, that is... 18 months plus a few days from now, yes. A long time, but we'll have production news and a trailer and photos and some wonderful speculation sooner. And the special. I bet that will be crazy.

 

I was about to say I wished the lead actors weren't quite so successful, as I suspect the series would move along much quicker if they had less other projects to attend to. But that would be mean. No, no, I'm happy for them. But... There's just nothing either has done that I like quite as well as Sherlock, so...

I almost agree, except I think if I were to see more appearances by BC as Khan I could be very, very content .... :smile:

  • Like 1
Posted

Oh, I think they'll find a way to bring back Khan.  Oh yeah.  Not this next movie but maybe a few down the line.

  • Like 1
Posted

Yup, highly probably -- after all, it's canon!

 

  • Like 1
Posted

Oh, I think they'll find a way to bring back Khan.  Oh yeah.  Not this next movie but maybe a few down the line.

 

Yup, highly probably -- after all, it's canon!

 

And there will probably be a different actor playing him, as that's now canon too... :P

  • Like 2
Posted

Nope, they'll have to use Cumberbatch again in this particular sub-universe -- Montalban played Khan in both of the original-series stories.  (But in the next reboot, Khan will be played by Kiera Knightly.)

 

  • Like 3
Posted

Nope! She is by far too cute! If they had to pick a female Khan, that should be Cate Blanchett or Angelina Jolie, since Meryl Streep is getting past it!

Posted

Yup, highly probably -- after all, it's canon!

 

Movie #4 has just been ordered and #3 has just started production.

  • Like 1
Posted

Nope, they'll have to use Cumberbatch again in this particular sub-universe -- Montalban played Khan in both of the original-series stories.  (But in the next reboot, Khan will be played by Kiera Knightly.)

 

Nope! She is by far too cute!

 

Um, that was more or less my point.  Casting Cumberbatch to play "a Montalban character" struck most people as odd; casting Knightly to play "a Cumberbatch character" would seem likely to strike them similarly (though I purposely exaggerated the contrast because I was intending it as a joke).

 

  • Like 2
Posted

Not new, and alas not necessarily true, either.  They're reporting a number of assumptions and rumors as fact, such as the two in this brief passage:

 

 

 

... the Victorian era standalone episode, set to air on Christmas day 2015 ... will be based on the story "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle,"....

 

Posted

Just think... this time next year we will have already seen the Christmas special and S4 will have already been filmed.

  • Like 1
Posted

If the world as we know it is still standing, with economies fluctuating or going belly up, and if our Internet connections still function and we have unlimited access to them! Amen!

Posted

Very true.  It may not be.  September may be the turning point and not a pleasant one.

  • Like 1
Posted

Dear sfmpco, blame it all on Presidents Nixon ( off the gold standard) and Reagan (arms race) and OBVIOUSLY Margaret Thatcher ( she figures prominently in HoB)!

Posted

Just think... this time next year we will have already seen the Christmas special and S4 will have already been filmed.

 

Actually, Series-4 filming may very well still be in progress a year from now.  They plan to start "in the spring," roughly early April according to Amanda Abbington, and filming three episodes takes three or four months, which takes it through June or July.  Also, the start of filming could be delayed, as it was for Series 3.  And they might not end up filming all three episodes in a bloc.

 

But presumably they'll at least be well along by this time next year, and we'll be looking forward to another New Year's Day Sherlock premiere!

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 79 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.Privacy PolicyGuidelines.