What would you like to see in series 4?

T.o.b.y

.....Last night I was with some friends of mine, who just thought they wouldn't like BBC Sherlock, they now want to watch it, per the wins, they feel that there must be something to it. They are now really curious. I plan on showing them one show per week to catch them up.

YEAH!!!   :applause:

• Like 1

I know right! So excited!! Although if I end up getting @ home friends that become as obsessed as me, I could see my notifications piling up on the forum.

My friend Daniel was like I better like it. Like I'm a writer for the show or something.

Although I don't know if this forum is ready for a bunch of extroverts. We'd be starting Truth or Dare threads, maybe live chat beer bong games, we'd do it under the guise of Stag night fandom. :lol:

Oooooooooo y'all would hate us! We'd show up to see the forum has been moved to a non disclosed location. :rofl:

• Like 3

That's not @ all what I'm saying. It just seems that HLV has struck a cord, in particular with the American audience that the others hadn't. It must have jumped the shark exceptionally well.

Also I wasn't just referring to the shows wins of Emmy's. I believe, but I could be mistaken, that its won several other accolades... No? :o

The earlier series had also won other awards, though possibly not as many. I think Martina's got a good point, that to some extent the show had to "pay its dues" before the Hollywood crowd would seriously consider it for the Emmys. But there is undeniably a different tone in Series 3, and that presumably played a part as well.

I'm just giving props to the HLV success. I'm really proud of Sherlock. Last night I was with some friends of mine, who just thought they wouldn't like BBC Sherlock, they now want to watch it, per the wins, they feel that there must be something to it. They are now really curious. I plan on showing them one show per week to catch them up.

I have a friend coming over this afternoon for the same reason! She had seen just a part of "Study in Pink" years ago when her husband was channel surfing, and was so impressed that she recognized the show from my description, and was eager to see more. We're ready for "Hounds" today.

You Americans tend to get all the cool toys first anyway :P. Let the British keep their national perks ;).

• Like 2

I tell you, I saw a bit of one of the American detective shows (no idea which one) the other day and I was practically crawling out of my skin... wanting to scream, "move the camera!!!!!!"  Notice in Sherlock the camera never stops moving.  Never static.  The American show just felt so blocky and stiff to me.  The camera work in Sherlock is brilliant.

• Like 2

Although I don't know if this forum is ready for a bunch of extroverts. We'd be starting Truth or Dare threads, maybe live chat beer bong games, we'd do it under the guise of Stag night fandom. :lol:

Oooooooooo y'all would hate us! We'd show up to see the forum has been moved to a non disclosed location. :rofl:

We could just split the forum in two -- "Partygoer Section" and "Other"

• Like 1

I must be more tired than I thought, for a moment there I thought you were saying HLV was covered in ranch dressing. :blink:

post-1521-0-83601800-1409872531_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I must be more tired than I thought, for a moment there I thought you were saying HLV was covered in ranch dressing. :blink:

attachicon.gifhahahaha im so weird.jpg

How did you find that picture? Or did you Photoshop it yourself.

For some macabre reason, I've been thinking about Mary's possible death, and while I still don't want it to happen at all, I do have some ideas on what I want in case it has to.

First of all, I want it to mean something. Other than "she's dead", you know. It has to serve some purpose for the plot. I don't know whether I want a heroic sacrifice, because that could be awfully cheesy, but an element of choice for her wouldn't be too bad. I'd like Mary to have some say in the whole affair.

Then, I don't want her to have to die alone or only in the company of people who hate or don't care about her. But I'd rather not see John holding his dead or dying wife in his arms, so I think it should be Sherlock who's there when it happens. He could handle it.

And the baby has to survive. I have no idea what they're going to do with it or how it would fit into the cast, but you can't just invent a baby and then kill it. That's immoral, for me, for some reason.

• Like 2

Let her swagger off to whereever she came from in the first place, and let her take the baby with her. Both gone, nobody dies. John will suffer no matter how they remove her and the baby from the show. I see how some people need some sort of grand explanation or reason for her disappearance... but I couldn't care less, to be honest. It's just a general feeling of animosity based on her decisions, actions, and, most of all, reactions.

I suppose this is valid the other way around, too. While I do feel the need for more explanations concerning John's decision, which frankly doesn't make any sense to me, others seem to be perfectly fine with it.

For all I care they can make her disappearance as cheesy as Jane Eyre's after she was deceived... bread and games for the masses. Just do not let her come back as Jane Eyre did.

The only thing that would really irk me is if they gave her too much space. I'd really like some shift back to a story that is about Sherlock and John, and not about John's relationship issues and his trouble to keep his friend Sherlock in the loop. Besides sidestepping bombs, fires, and murderers. TEH was all "oh, will she marry John, oh, does she get along with Sherlock, oh, she will marry John", then TSoT was the wedding, and the pre-wedding planning, and HLV, well, nothing more to say about that after 150 pages of discussion...

I still hope they'll introduce Victor Trevor to us.... But one should be careful what one wishes for. Who knows, maybe they'll make him the guy who is after Mary, because she killed his father who was corrupt, and thus is a person which deserves to be killed by her. Though... that'd be interesting, especially if Sherlock got along splendidly with him, and Mary was panicking in the background.

• Like 2

For some macabre reason, I've been thinking about Mary's possible death, and while I still don't want it to happen at all, I do have some ideas on what I want in case it has to.

First of all, I want it to mean something. Other than "she's dead", you know. It has to serve some purpose for the plot. I don't know whether I want a heroic sacrifice, because that could be awfully cheesy, but an element of choice for her wouldn't be too bad. I'd like Mary to have some say in the whole affair.

Then, I don't want her to have to die alone or only in the company of people who hate or don't care about her. But I'd rather not see John holding his dead or dying wife in his arms, so I think it should be Sherlock who's there when it happens. He could handle it.

And the baby has to survive. I have no idea what they're going to do with it or how it would fit into the cast, but you can't just invent a baby and then kill it. That's immoral, for me, for some reason.

Yeah we certainly don't want a Sherlock being romanced by a full moon on a rooftop cheesy hero Mary situation. ( This scene was in the original SIP)...

Let her swagger off to whereever she came from at the first place, and let her take the baby with her. Both gone, nobody dies. John will suffer no matter how they remove her and the baby from the show. I see how some people need some sort of grand explanation or reason for her disappearance... but I couldn't care less, to be honest. It's just a general feeling of animosity based on her decisions, actions, and, most of all, reactions.

I suppose this is valid the other way around, too. While I do feel the need for more explanations concerning John's decision, which frankly doesn't make any sense to me, others seem to be perfectly fine with it.

For all I care they can make her disappearance as cheesy as Jane Eyre's after she was deceived... bread and games for the masses. Just do not let her come back as Jane Eyre did.

The only thing that would really irk me is if they gave her too much space. I'd really like some shift back to a story that is about Sherlock and John, and not about John's relationship issues and his trouble to keep his friend Sherlock in the loop. Besides sidestepping bombs, fires, and murderers. TEH was all "oh, will she marry John, oh, does she get along with Sherlock, oh, she will marry John", then TSoT was the wedding, and the pre-wedding planning, and HLV, well, nothing more to say about that after 150 pages of discussion...

I still hope they'll introduce Victor Trevor to us.... But one should be careful what one wishes for. Who knows, maybe they'll make him the guy who is after Mary, because she killed his father who was corrupt, and thus is a person which deserves to be killed by her. Though... that'd be interesting, especially if Sherlock got along splendidly with him, and Mary was panicking in the background.

What Zain said about Mary, was what I was thinking upon reading your post Toby. She doesn't feel confident she's safe, even though Magnussen is dead, who's to say he didn't already put a call into someone & get the wheels in motion. She changes her identity again, she hates that she will hurt John immensely, but it's better that she leaves, then he will at least be safe with her gone. She knows it will be a double blow to take the baby, but there is no way she's leaving without her baby! She justifies her actions by thinking- he has Sherlock now, his best friend is no longer dead, he's alive! John will eventually be ok, he will probably never completely heal, but he will survive. While John is off solving a case with Sherlock, she leaves with just the baby, a huge amount of $, and a few pampers.

• Like 1

... Besides sidestepping bombs, fires, and murderers. TEH was all "oh, will she marry John, oh, does she get along with Sherlock, oh, she will marry John", then TSoT was the wedding, and the pre-wedding planning, and HLV, well, nothing more to say about that after 150 pages of discussion...

Right, it was about Mary and the proposal and the wedding and whatever that was in "Last Vow." But somehow it was still all focused on Sherlock. As someone pointed out, for example, we don't even see the actual wedding, just Sherlock's involvement in the reception. But been there, done that.

I'm wondering if S3 may turn out to be something of an aberration. Of course, all the future series may turn out to be aberrations, each in its own special way!

She doesn't feel confident she's safe, even though Magnussen is dead, who's to say he didn't already put a call into someone & get the wheels in motion. She changes her identity again, she hates that she will hurt John immensely, but it's better that she leaves, then he will at least be safe with her gone. She knows it will be a double blow to take the baby, but there is no way she's leaving without her baby! She justifies her actions by thinking- he has Sherlock now, his best friend is no longer dead, he's alive! John will eventually be ok, he will probably never completely heal, but he will survive. While John is off solving a case with Sherlock, she leaves with just the baby, a huge amount of $, and a few pampers.

When you phrase it that way, yes, I could like that very much -- assuming that Mary is definitely leaving one way or the other. I like it being of her own free will, and to protect John. She's presumably learned how to make a better cover this time, so she and the baby really will be safe -- somewhere.

Wonder how John would react, assuming he knows what she's done? Would he remain a loyal husband-in-absentia, or would he be like a widower or divorcé and feel free to date again?

I say that that man will date the first thing that comes along. Maybe Lucy Lui :rofl:

Also you people are Mad!- Insane in the MemBrANe!, Season 3 was the bomb diggity bomb bomb!! :wacko::o

Alright, or should I say...

Alright, alright, alright, alright - Matthew Maconahey

Just in case I'm not the only one who wasn't quite up to speed on that quote -- here.

• Like 1

Let her swagger off to whereever she came from in the first place, and let her take the baby with her. Both gone, nobody dies. John will suffer no matter how they remove her and the baby from the show. I see how some people need some sort of grand explanation or reason for her disappearance... but I couldn't care less, to be honest. It's just a general feeling of animosity based on her decisions, actions, and, most of all, reactions.

Oh, I'd much rather Mary just up and left than that she died. I wouldn't mind if she stayed around, either, I think I'm happy either way. I certainly want her alive. But from the hints the actress has dropped, one could infer that her death was planned, and my brain is preoccupied with death and loss these days, so it sort of launched onto that.

Hmmm... could it be that you don't like Jane Eyre, either? Now, I wonder why... I love her, she's one of my favorite characters in literature, and I think her romance is deeply satisfying.

I wish Mycroft would swagger off to somewhere. Maybe he and Mary can elope? Is there a Mary / Mycroft fraction of Sherlock fans? Oh dear, I do wish my mind would just shut up sometimes.

I disagree that series 3 was more about Mary than Sherlock and John. I think it's all about Sherlock (and John), and Mary was handled more or less as a plot device to allow the writers to play with their dynamic in ways they couldn't before.

• Like 1

Mxcroft and anybody does not work. With Sherlock, it's more a matter of I don't want to imagine him with anybody, with Mycroft, I simply can't.

• Like 1