Your favourite television series

Schlauer Fuchs

One of my all-time favourite shows is RuPaul's Drag Race. It makes me so happy. That's the only show, besides Sherlock, that I read about online and would consider myself a fan.

Beyond that, I pretty much only watch stuff on Netflix. I enjoy Call the Midwife, The IT Crowd, Mr Selfridge, Dr Who and I just got into Episodes. I have to love the first episode of something to keep going.

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite tv shows would have to be:

-Sherlock (of course ;))

-Orphan Black

-The Office (UK and U.S.)

-Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D

-Agent Carter

-Merlin

-Master Chef

-Hell's Kitchen

-Kitchen Nightmares

-Supernatural

-Parks and Recreations

-The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon

-F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

-How I Met Your Mother

-

• Like 1

I have a lot of favorite tv series:

-Sherlock (of course ;))

-Orphan Black

-The Office (U.S. And UK)

-Parks and Recreation

-FRIENDS

-How I met your Mother

-Agent Carter

-Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

-a lot of cooking shows

:lol: The Walking Dead is too gross for me. My problem is that the cool shows, like Walking Dead, Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad etc are too disturbing for me, the Sitcoms aren't my humor and too shallow, the soap operas I find boring and then there's not much left, save BBC literary adaptations and old British Comedies. I thrive on those, though.

• Like 1

:lol: The Walking Dead is too gross for me. My problem is that the cool shows, like Walking Dead, Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad etc are too disturbing for me, the Sitcoms aren't my humor and too shallow, the soap operas I find boring and then there's not much left, save BBC literary adaptations and old British Comedies. I thrive on those, though.

I thought is was pretty gross too! Heck, I couldn't even eat when watching it. But after a while, I got used to it. You should just try watching it. After some time it becomes less gross.

Oh and watching a clip of the actors getting their bloody make up done makes it even less real!! Worked for me

I had an impression that 4. season of Game of Thrones was cut for the airing after 8:00PM. It wasn't actually that bad. GoT is a show I enjoy DESPITE the gore and the sex, actually, even if I could live without it being so much... much.

Okay.... shows I have watched and really liked:

- Ice Road Truckers - fascinating!

- Deadliest Catch - fascinating!

- Anything with Steve Irwin (yes, THAT one who is sadly no longer with us)

- Unwrapped - going inside of food/candy factories - fascinating

- Huell Howser's Califonia's Gold (only in California)

- Antiques Roadshow

- Hell's Kitchen

• Like 2

My list might be unpopular here:

- Game of Thrones

- Breaking Bad

- House

- Firefly

- How It's Made 

- The Last Man Standing

- Animal Planet

On the lighter side:

- The Office (American version, been wanting to catch British version esp now I recognize Martin Freeman)

- Seinfeld

- Simpson

- Curb Your Enthusiasm 

- Impractical Jokers 

But on top of all, of course, Sherlock, and it ruins everything else because somehow I rather re-watch Sherlock than catching new episode of all above. Arghhhh... the frustation.

My favorite tv shows would have to be:
-Sherlock (of course ;))
-Orphan Black
-The Office (UK and U.S.)
-Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D
-Agent Carter
-Merlin
-Master Chef
-Hell's Kitchen
-Kitchen Nightmares
-Supernatural
-Parks and Recreations
-The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon
-F.R.I.E.N.D.S.
-How I Met Your Mother
-

Love your avatar.

May I know which scene it comes from?

- Anything with Steve Irwin (yes, THAT one who is sadly no longer with us)

Still miss him too :(. He's the one I'm pointing out to guys as the best example of the fact that you don't have to be the stoic, silent (read: bo-ring :P) type to be "manly", whatever that means for them (but no one so far could counter that it doesn't get much more manly than tussling with Australian crocodiles bare-handed :lol:).

You guys watch almost everything I watch. How is that even possible. I like so many different series... But if anyone wants to see some of my list:

-Sherlock

-Great Expectations (BBC, short serie)

-The Walking Dead

-F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

-Big Bang Theory

-South Park (not a serie, but heck!)

-Hell's Kitchen

-I used to watch The Colbert Report

-Last week tonight (god bless Oliver)

-Fargo

-HOUSE

-The mentalist

-Wie is de mol (only Dutch serie, that I like)

As I've mentioned, I don't actually have a TV, but neighbor invites me over to watch:

- Botched 

- Terra's Little Family

I'm just getting through the original THE OFFICE.  Only 12 1/2-hr episodes divided into 2 series, and then there's a 90-minute Christmas special.  I've made it through S1 and have started S2.  If I worked in an office like that, I think I'd have to find another job.  And if I had a boss like that....well, I'm sure they're out there but wow, not someone I could work for.  I would have zero respect.

As I've mentioned, I don't actually have a TV, but neighbor invites me over to watch:

- Botched 

- Terra's Little Family

I'm just getting through the original THE OFFICE.  Only 12 1/2-hr episodes divided into 2 series, and then there's a 90-minute Christmas special.  I've made it through S1 and have started S2.  If I worked in an office like that, I think I'd have to find another job.  And if I had a boss like that....well, I'm sure they're out there but wow, not someone I could work for.  I would have zero respect.

Not having a tv must be nice! I mean if you really want to watch something, there is the pc. I find myself staring at that thing without any reason: waste of time sometimes.

I don't think anybody in The Office respects David Brent, you? He's pretty pathetic. I found him so pathetic I began feeling sorry for him. It's a series where I often don't know whether I should laugh or cry.

But isn't Tim wonderful? I love all the Tim and Dawn scenes, and also the way Tim and Gareth interact. Gareth is a riot.

I don't have a TV, either. I keep casting longing glances at those huge screens in stores, and theoretically, I could afford one now with all the money I made last year by working weekends, holidays and nights, but do I really want to blow the fruits of my hard labor on something like that? And who knows what else I might need the money for? My teeth are rotting away and my insurance doesn't cover everything I might need doing inside my mouth soon... There are classes I need to take for my career that I have to pay for out of my own pocket... My car is almost 20 years old... How mad would I be at myself if I wasted money on a TV and then couldn't afford to chew, work or drive? My husband is very sweet about it, he keeps saying that if I want a huge TV we'll find a way to buy one, but I don't think I want it that much. Besides, I've converted the space made to accommodate a TV into a seasonal shrine and when you don't have something playing, it is much nicer to look at flowers and moss than a big blank screen.

I watched the first two episodes of Hannibal last night. Surprisingly, I liked it!

I watched the first two episodes of Hannibal last night. Surprisingly, I liked it!

Small fun fact, I believe the actor who plays Hannibal is the brother of the actor who plays Magnussen.

I own a small outdated TV that I almost never make use of except for watching DVD. But since I watch from laptop more, it's sitting there as a decoy for thieves to leave my dvds and books alone.

Of course I also have cleaning spray can for any possible intruders.

Small fun fact, I believe the actor who plays Hannibal is the brother of the actor who plays Magnussen.

I own a small outdated TV that I almost never make use of except for watching DVD. But since I watch from laptop more, it's sitting there as a decoy for thieves to leave my dvds and books alone.

Of course I also have cleaning spray can for any possible intruders.

He is!  IMDb says Mads and Lars are brothers!  Wow, I don't know that I would have ever made that connection on my own.   I don't think they look all that much alike.  At least not enough that I would have picked up on it on my own.  

3c9b72cdaab8786c1348b2b515cea5d6.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

-Sherlock (duh! haha)

-True Detective

-Fargo

-Mad Men (farewell!!!)

-Doctor Who

Right now liking, but still too early to judge:

-Happy Valley

-Hannibal

I started to watch Wayward Pines last night, it shows promise. Enough that I'm going to try to track down the 2-3 episodes I missed.

I've been watching Whitechapel over on PBS, the first 3 episodes were great. Jeff the Cabbie (Phil Davis) was in it!

I've finished S5 of Doctor Who and have now jumped to S1 of the reboot to catch it in order. I see why my hubby likes Eccleston as the Doctor and I've only seen 1 episode.

I've finished S5 of Doctor Who and have now jumped to S1 of the reboot to catch it in order. I see why my hubby likes Eccleston as the Doctor and I've only seen 1 episode.

You haven't seen the reboot before?!  Eccleston is totally underrated.  It's a toss-up for me between him and Tennant.

I have seen a couple of the Eccleston episodes as they are available on Netflix.

rCidFVf.gif

I caught a few minutes of the classic as a kid but was too young to appreciate it. I kind of got into it with Tennant but not really (about 3 partial episodes & didn't even know about Eccleston). Didn't watch Matt Smith (Tennant was my Doctor) because I didn't know about the regen until Capaldi so now I'm starting from the beginning.

• 7 months later...

There is no general TV thread so I post here.

Anyone watches Making A Murderer?

Only watched three episodes so far.

If I was on the edge, this dangerously nudging me to the side that I am really appalled and questioning the lack or existence of humanity...? I don't know what to think yet before I watch further since I had zero knowledge about this., but it's disturbing.