Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Don't be silly, Boton! It's her cottage, so she's his landlady, not his.... ;)

  • Like 3
Posted

Actually, you've got a point there - Mrs Hudson won't live forever. Eventually, Sherlock will need a new housekeeper, pardon, landlady, because can you really imagine a guy who thinks "tea just happens" living completely on his own?

 

I can imagine Janine being pretty cool at Mrs Hudson's age. She could grow into those shoes (although nothing and nobody could replace the real Mrs Hudson). Still can't quite stomach the idea of Sherlock getting into a relationship with her, but I suppose if he needed to stay away from London for a while and lay low and / or something happened to Mrs H., moving to Janine's cottage wouldn't be such a bad idea.

  • Like 3
Posted

 

Actually, you've got a point there - Mrs Hudson won't live forever.

One of the things that worry me the most each time the obscure series' future is mentioned.

Posted

After all, he did manage on his own for those two years he was 'away.'

  • Like 2
Posted

Don't be silly, Boton! It's her cottage, so she's his landlady, not his.... ;)

 

And like I said, whatever happens at night....or out by the beehives....is no one's business.   ;)

 

 

Actually, you've got a point there - Mrs Hudson won't live forever. Eventually, Sherlock will need a new housekeeper, pardon, landlady, because can you really imagine a guy who thinks "tea just happens" living completely on his own?

 

I can imagine Janine being pretty cool at Mrs Hudson's age. She could grow into those shoes (although nothing and nobody could replace the real Mrs Hudson). Still can't quite stomach the idea of Sherlock getting into a relationship with her, but I suppose if he needed to stay away from London for a while and lay low and / or something happened to Mrs H., moving to Janine's cottage wouldn't be such a bad idea.

 

Ah, my plan is working.  Slowly getting you used to the idea...

  • Like 3
Posted

... I suppose if he needed to stay away from London for a while and lay low and / or something happened to Mrs H., moving to Janine's cottage wouldn't be such a bad idea.

 

And they wouldn't have to do anything icky.  :P

  • Like 1
Posted

Seriously, the chances that we are going to see Sherlock Holmes explicitly in a romantic/sexual relationship - regardless who it is with - are practically nil.  Moftiss know that the original Holmes was a confirmed bachelor who ended up a hermit with a housekeeper; that is, he never had a public partnered relationship.  They may play with the canon, but they have always kept the broad outlines of the characters' trajectories, and I don't see any way that they would change this one.  

 

And I don't seriously want them to, as I've said before.  Ideally, I would be left with the room to continue to ship Sherlock/Janine, but in a way that lets everyone else maintain their ships as well.  I do wish there weren't quite so many fantasies out there about literally killing or jailing anyone in competition with your OTP in this fandom, but that's life, I suppose.  

 

That's why I say I want a closing shot of Sherlock looking at the cottage and the beehives as he approaches it.  I can imagine him going home to Janine, other people can imagine he bought the cottage from her, and the really, really romantic ones of all of us can imagine him going home to Philip Anderson.   :D

  • Like 4
Posted

Let me just remind everyone that Janine is more or less canon -- though I think they changed her name. Come to think of it, they *had* to change her name, or we would have foreseen the proposal (and that it was a ruse) as of TSo3. She appears in only the one canon story, but who's to say that she never crossed paths with Holmes again?

  • Like 3
Posted

Let me just remind everyone that Janine is more or less canon -- though I think they changed her name. Come to think of it, they *had* to change her name, or we would have foreseen the proposal (and that it was a ruse) as of TSo3. She appears in only the one canon story, but who's to say that she never crossed paths with Holmes again?

 

 

Milverton's housemaid was called Agatha in the story. It was hinted that she would get over the loss of Holmes (posing as a plumber) pretty fast, since he had what he ironically called "a hated rival", who would surely "cut in" as soon as he backed off.

  • Like 2
Posted

 

Let me just remind everyone that Janine is more or less canon -- though I think they changed her name. Come to think of it, they *had* to change her name, or we would have foreseen the proposal (and that it was a ruse) as of TSo3. She appears in only the one canon story, but who's to say that she never crossed paths with Holmes again?

 

 

Milverton's housemaid was called Agatha in the story. It was hinted that she would get over the loss of Holmes (posing as a plumber) pretty fast, since he had what he ironically called "a hated rival", who would surely "cut in" as soon as he backed off.

 

 

Ah, but a rival already has "cut in," literally.  Sherlock saw Janine dancing with another man at the wedding, and that man was arguably his rival since in the chief bridesmaid and the best man are usually "coupled" for the duration of the wedding.  (And even though it was Sherlock's fault for pointing him out).  It gets canon a little out of order, but it does tick the box.

 

Or, if you like, can you imagine Janine not being able to date someone else after Sherlock duped her?  I imagine she'd got that one done and dusted already, leaving her free for whatever Sherlock and she might want next.  It's not like she's necessarily going to marry the next guy, not in this day and age.

  • Like 2
Posted

I actually think she's done with Sherlock romantically and she didn't even seem that keen to stay' just good friends'.

  • Like 1
Posted

Well, in that most reprehensible of all Sherlock episodes, HLV, she tells him that they could have stayed friends, knowing the man he is from SoT. As the Indiana Jones song says: Anything goes!

Posted

HLW, "His Last Wow!" :rofl:

  • Like 1
Posted

HLW, "His Last Wow!" :rofl:

It's either using the German pronunciation of a W or converting the English spelling of Vow to the German pronunciation of that spelling. ;)

  • Like 1
Posted

I love HLV!

And the point was, Janine was saying they could have been friends, but not now because Sherlock had lied to her and used her.

  • Like 1
Posted

Like a certain Mr. Cumberbatch, I'm "rubbish" at choosing favorites, but there's no doubt that HLV/HLW is near or at the top of my list, just because it's so emotionally powerful.

  • Like 1
Posted

But what a way to go!!! :lol5:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 170 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.Privacy PolicyGuidelines.