Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I think I've only seen the first Pirates movie and I couldn't get into it at all. 

 

The Last of Us is another thing that needs a movie, which I believe they are working on. 

Posted

What is after the credit?

You can put it in spoiler box.

I enjoyed Pirate too, I'd give it 7.5, didn't wait for the credit though.

Nice efforts for the settings, and it's entertaining. The score was not done by Hans Zimmer anymore, he is one of my favorite composers, but it's not bad too.

Posted

Normally I don't stick until the end of the credits, unless it's a marvel movie.

But my friend kept pestering me to stick until the end of the end of the credits because she knew there would be an after credits scene.

I was curious about the new composer, I noticed he reused old tracks and made few new tracks.

 

Anyway, spoiler time

it teases a sixth movie with the return of Davy Jones

btw, how did you feel about

Barbossa having a daughter

?

Posted

Just saw Arrival, not quite sure what to make of it. 

Posted

I was curious about the new composer, I noticed he reused old tracks and made few new tracks.

I believe he is the protege of Hans Zimmer too. Anyway some old tracks have to stay as part of the franchise, and I like the soundtracks.

 

Anyway, spoiler time

it teases a sixth movie with the return of Davy Jones

 

Thank you!

I'm not sure I'd stay if I had known there is after credit anyway. I love watching movies alone and often choose not crowded theatre. Movies is not a big thing here so even for blockbuster mostly the theatre is only 5-50% packed. The staff appear once the credit rolls and wait for everyone to get out. And most people do. :P

 

btw, how did you feel about

Barbossa having a daughter

?

 

 

I think it's very forced and doesn't really make sense. Especially that he 'loves' her that much. There is no attempt whatsoever to seek her out even when he is already on top of the world with that magnificent hairdo. Also I find it hard to believe that the ruby remains intact in that book and noone tries to steal it when she is in and out prison. And noone bring anything from the gem island.

 

 

Buy anyway, I didn't watch pirate for the believability. I watched to get entertained and I was. :)

Eta: what do you think about it?

 

Just saw Arrival, not quite sure what to make of it.

That... that is a very helpful review. XD

  • Like 1
Posted

I try my best to be informative. ;)

  • Like 4
Posted

"Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2". I enjoyed it very much.

Posted

Saw "The Fisher King" again last night. Bittersweet, as I still mourn the loss of Robin Williams. But it's still a fabulous movie.

  • Like 1
Posted

"Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2". I enjoyed it very much.

poor Groot, going through pubertree twice

 

OT Annie (the remake)

it was totally predictable but the songs made it it fun.

I still don't understand why people hated the movie because Annie is black in the remake.

  • Like 1
Posted

Lol, teenager Groot. Sounding exactly like a moody teenager even though he can only say I am Groot.  :lol:

 

Not seen Annie. 

Posted

Lola rennt (Run Lola Run) - 9/10

 

The first German movie that I really really like, I think. I apparently have to catch up on some more ;) But thus far I've never enjoyed German cinema, this is giving me hope (:

 

Loved it! You guys, this movie I recommend to y'all

Posted

The only two German movies that I liked and can say without much thinking was The Tin Drum and Das Boot. Probably missed some more… I also like The Scream of Stone by Herzog, but I might be one of very few. And it was a co-production.

Posted

The director's cut of Das Boot was on TV last night. (Didn't even know there was one.) Love that movie, although I much prefer seeing it with subtitles. Some phrases sounded a little silly with an American accent. :smile:

Posted

"Sherlock Holmes: The Woman in Green".  I caught the end of it on TV the other day, and noticed some similarities to concepts, scenes, and dialogue in "Sherlock", even a couple lines passed between Holmes and Moriarty verbatim.  Then I watched something on Netflix about the making of "Sherlock", where the writers said they did indeed borrow some specifics from "The Woman in Green".  So I decided I had to watch the whole thing and found it on Amazon Prime.

 

 

  • Like 1
Posted

The director's cut of Das Boot was on TV last night. (Didn't even know there was one.) Love that movie, although I much prefer seeing it with subtitles. Some phrases sounded a little silly with an American accent. :smile:

 

i saw it in a cinema. :D

But there is also an extended version as a mini-series, and I think it's the best.

Posted

"Sherlock Holmes: The Woman in Green".  I caught the end of it on TV the other day, and noticed some similarities to concepts, scenes, and dialogue in "Sherlock", even a couple lines passed between Holmes and Moriarty verbatim.  Then I watched something on Netflix about the making of "Sherlock", where the writers said they did indeed borrow some specifics from "The Woman in Green."

 

Isn't that the movie that they borrowed the Moriarty-climbing-the-stairs-while-Holmes-plays-the-violin scene from?

 

Is TWiG based on any specific Conan Doyle story?

Posted

Yes, and I don't know. :smile:

  • Like 1
Posted

^ What she said.  :smile:  Wikipedia does say that it follows an original premise inspired by "The Final Problem" and "The Adventure of the Empty House".  There's a rooftop scene as well where Moriarty is trying to get Holmes to jump off, and I'm assuming they borrowed that idea for TRF.  Or is that in the books somewhere?

 

 

  • Like 1
Posted

^ What she said. :smile: Wikipedia does say that it follows an original premise inspired by "The Final Problem" and "The Adventure of the Empty House". There's a rooftop scene as well where Moriarty is trying to get Holmes to jump off, and I'm assuming they borrowed that idea for TRF. Or is that in the books somewhere?

No, it's not. Their final confrontation takes place at a waterfall, like the Mind Palace sequence in The Abominable Bride. Sans Watson, sadly.

Posted

No, it's not. Their final confrontation takes place at a waterfall, like the Mind Palace sequence in The Abominable Bride. Sans Watson, sadly.

 

 

Oh I know, I meant is there any kind of a rooftop confrontation anywhere in the books?  Not the final one.  Maybe not even with Moriarty, but with anyone?  I've read them but it's so long ago now, I don't remember too many details.

 

 

Posted

 

 

No, it's not. Their final confrontation takes place at a waterfall, like the Mind Palace sequence in The Abominable Bride. Sans Watson, sadly.

 

Oh I know, I meant is there any kind of a rooftop confrontation anywhere in the books? Not the final one. Maybe not even with Moriarty, but with anyone? I've read them but it's so long ago now, I don't remember too many details.

No. Not that I know of.

Posted

We bought a zoo

 

Predictable, yet charming.

Posted

I saw the "Wonder Woman" movie today.  It wasn't bad, but I'd probably only give it an average rating.

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.Privacy PolicyGuidelines.