Hollywood is biased. :p

Actually, you cannot see Khan as a real villain. He was MADE the way he is.

I agree, but for a different reason.  Even if Khan was genetically engineered to have a certain outlook, we all have our personal outlook -- as Dumbledore told Harry Potter, it's what we do with it that counts.  (And I figure I might as well believe in free will, because if there's no such thing, what I believe doesn't matter anyhow.)

On the other hand, I do not see Khan as a real villain, more of a freedom fighter.  He does sometimes get carried away, but then they all do.

• Like 1

Another man over 40 who looks better with longer hair .... :p

Thanks for posting, am watching asap.

• Like 1

I have to admit, if I'd never heard of Sherlock, I think I'd still be a BC fan based on this movie alone.....

• Like 3

I have to admit, if I'd never heard of Sherlock, I think I'd still be a BC fan based on this movie alone.....

i will take it even a step further and say that if he had done Khan and there had never been a Sherlock, I would have still said, "Who is this guy?  I need to pay attention to what he's doing."

• Like 3

That's pretty much exactly what I said the first time I saw Sherlock. :D

• Like 3

I had seen War Horse before Star Trek Into Darkness but I paid no attention to the various players.  I didn't know who they were.  So I still need to go back and watch that again to be refreshed on what he did.

I had seen War Horse before Star Trek Into Darkness but I paid no attention to the various players.  I didn't know who they were.  So I still need to go back and watch that again to be refreshed on what he did.

I enjoyed his short bit and what they did with Hiddleston.  Definitely worth a re-watch.

• 4 weeks later...

Leonard Nimoy's son, Adam Nimoy, is currently doing a Kickstarter for a Spock documentary film. The usual caveats about crowdfunding apply, of course.

• Like 2

They're about a third of the way to their funding goal, and Zachary Quinto has agreed to narrate the documentary.  Sounds like they've got a good shot at it.

And a proof he's an alien. Never seen anyone capable to do this with his mouth...

EFLLBC.png

...without help of Photoshop.

He surely learned how to smile from cartoon movies.

:rofl:

Watched a bit of TV Star Trek long time ago, indifferent.

Overtime I got it blurred with Star Wars, and I despised Star Wars, so never cared about Star Trek.

Then BC is Khan.

But still, was still oblivious that until a month ago, I still thought that ST-ITD is an upcoming movie, still in production.

When I saw the thread here, 'oh the movie is out'. So youtubed BC as Khan and found the scene when he was in captivity and talking to Kirk and Spock.

It was intense and very well-acted. 

That man can make me believe he is what he is in his role.

But again, oblivious, I thought he had limited air time, and thought that was the only major scene.

(Not familiar at all about Star Trek story, and who is who)

Until two days ago something lighted up in my head and thought.. let me check what are the little scenes he had in that movie.. and Blam..

Whoa!

How could it take me so long to check it out. 

He was awesome and the movie is great also, was hooked from beginning to end, which is something I didn't expect, same exact scenario when I started watching Sherlock.

If he is in the next one, I definitely catch it! 

I think Khan is probably the best movie villain of all time. Move aside, Hannibal and Joker.

BC is brilliant brilliant actor and probably the most versatile.

• Like 4

And a proof he's an alien. Never seen anyone capable to do this with his mouth...

EFLLBC.png

...without help of Photoshop.

He surely learned how to smile from cartoon movies.

:rofl:

Watched a bit of TV Star Trek long time ago, indifferent.

Overtime I got it blurred with Star Wars, and I despised Star Wars, so never cared about Star Trek.

Then BC is Khan.

But still, was still oblivious that until a month ago, I still thought that ST-ITD is an upcoming movie, still in production.

When I saw the thread here, 'oh the movie is out'. So youtubed BC as Khan and found the scene when he was in captivity and talking to Kirk and Spock.

It was intense and very well-acted. 

That man can make me believe he is what he is in his role.

But again, oblivious, I thought he had limited air time, and thought that was the only major scene.

(Not familiar at all about Star Trek story, and who is who)

Until two days ago something lighted up in my head and thought.. let me check what are the little scenes he had in that movie.. and Blam..

Whoa!

How could it take me so long to check it out. 

He was awesome and the movie is great also, was hooked from beginning to end, which is something I didn't expect, same exact scenario when I started watching Sherlock.

If he is in the next one, I definitely catch it! 

I think Khan is probably the best movie villain of all time. Move aside, Hannibal and Joker.

BC is brilliant brilliant actor and probably the most versatile.

Welcome to the madness!!! :D

Hmmm... for me he still has to prove his versability against, let's say, Ed Harris or Edward Norton.

But then... I haven't seen too much of Ben's films. Yet. :)

I can't say about Ed Norton, but I luvvvvv Ed Harris. I'd watch him in anything. Still, to me, in every movie he is ... Ed Harris. BC is one of those actors who, if I weren't so aware of who he is, I probably wouldn't recognize from one film to the next. (Which is really interesting, considering how distinctive looking he is. But then, I'm not particularly good at face recognition to begin with ....)

... Including the much-anticipated shower scene.

???!!!    :embarrassed: ???!!!! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ROaS4WAq4M

I can't say about Ed Norton, but I luvvvvv Ed Harris. I'd watch him in anything. Still, to me, in every movie he is ... Ed Harris. BC is one of those actors who, if I weren't so aware of who he is, I probably wouldn't recognize from one film to the next. (Which is really interesting, considering how distinctive looking he is. But then, I'm not particularly good at face recognition to begin with ....)

It's not about looks. Both Harris and Norton can play both very nice guys and psychos disturbingly convincing. Have to do a research to find out the movies I meant, because I don't remember the titles anymore - only the chills the performances gave me.

It's not about looks. Both Harris and Norton can play both very nice guys and psychos disturbingly convincing. Have to do a research to find out the movies I meant, because I don't remember the titles anymore - only the chills the performances gave me.

You're right, and I didn't express myself very well. It's not that BC looks different every time (even though he sort of does) -- his behaviorisms are different from character to character, which I find relatively rare. Another actor that comes to mind that's like that is Robert DeNiro -- I'd see him in movie after movie, and was always surprised to realize it was him, because he inhabited his characters so well.

I think one reason I can't appreciate Meryl Streep is because no matter what role she plays, it's always Meryl Streep and her mannerisms, and there's something  about her that puts me off. Doesn't make her a bad actress, just the wrong one for me.

• Like 3

I've only seen BC in Sherlock, Star Trek, and Frankenstein, but I agree that he completely transforms into a different character each time.  His monster in Frankenstein broke my heart. 

I'm jealous about Frankenstein.

As for the movies I meant before: Ed Harris from a romantic comedy "Milk Money" through "Apollo 13", (where he manages to become Gene Kranz, the flight director), to a psychopath in "Just Cause".

Ed Norton from a romantic comedy "Keeping the Faith", trough "Fight Club", "American History X" to his chilling performance in "Primal Fear".

BC is good at breaking hearts, istn't he? Alone some clips from "The Third Star" can do this to you. I wonder if I ever decide to watch this film.

Third Star wasn't as crushingly sad as I was afraid it would be, if that's any help. Not as shattering as either TRF or HLV, imo. (But have the hankies near, if you're the crying type. :smile: ) Lovely cast and characters. And locations.

Imo, you ladies should watch Hawking. BC was a lot younger but I thought his performance was amazing. (I find the portrayal of the American scientists quite amusing as well ... and a little cringe inducing. They're soooo.... American! :D )

Ed Harris is my favoritest thing in the whole of Apollo 13, which is one of my favorite movies! I think he's really underutilized in Hollywood, i'm not quite sure why. (Well ... his age, now. :( ) Chris Cooper's another one like that; I think partly because his performances are so understated, he's a bit overlooked. But wonderful.