Episode 4.0: The Abominable Bride (alias The Special)

Undead Medic

What did you think of "The Abominable Bride"?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Add Your Vote Here:

• 10/10 Excellent.
    • 9/10 Not quite the best, but not far off.
    • 8/10 Certainly worth watching again.
    • 7/10 Slightly above the norm.
    • 6/10 Average.
    • 5/10 Slightly sub-par.
    • 4/10 Decidedly below average.
    • 3/10 Pretty Poor.
    • 2/10 Bad.
    • 1/10 Abominable.

You know, I was not in on the original shoe discussion, but I would imagine that Lady Carmichael/RL plane pilot had to be wearing some fabulous shoes to highlight those arches that make Sherlock's heart flutter.  I'm thinking maybe the pilot was wearing some nice d'orsay pumps?  Those show off a high arch.

• Like 2

@Arcadia :patpatpat:

Shoes discussion is welcome everywhere :)

D'orsay pump, is that like the one that Clavery put in the link?

Dear god.. that is one heck of shoe..! Do they really lace and unlace that?? :blanket: :blanket: :blanket:

It looks great, but must be awfully uncomfortable.

I would die in those, can't even keep my shoes on everytime I sit down. Anywhere.

• Like 1

It looks great, but must be awfully uncomfortable.<<<<-----  yeah, like mentioned before, "impractical footwear".  

Long human history of getting women to want and to put on "awfully uncomfortable" footwear.  Weird, huh?

• Like 2

Add high heels to the list, self-torture device disguised as fashion style.

• Like 2

A d'orsay pump.  They are cut away from the arch on either the inner arch side or both.  

http://images.us.christianlouboutin.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/1200x/602f0fa2c1f0d1ba5e241f914e856ff9/3/1/3/0/christianlouboutin-iriza-3130524_F094_1_1200x1200_1461081066.jpg

Also, I will note that Irene Adler's shoes in SiB marked the first and only time to date I've ever purchased an item of clothing simply because a television character was wearing it.

• Like 2

A d'orsay pump.  They are cut away from the arch on either the inner arch side or both.  

http://images.us.christianlouboutin.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/1200x/602f0fa2c1f0d1ba5e241f914e856ff9/3/1/3/0/christianlouboutin-iriza-3130524_F094_1_1200x1200_1461081066.jpg

Also, I will note that Irene Adler's shoes in SiB marked the first and only time to date I've ever purchased an item of clothing simply because a television character was wearing it.

Boton - photo of your pair, pretty please?

and speaking of Irene, I saw Sherlock give *that* look to her feet/shoes.  Did anyone else?

• Like 1

I can't help it, this thread is driving me crrrrazzzzzzzyyyy! tuzki-bunny-emoticon-048.gif

• Like 1

Nooooo!!! Bare feet for everyone!

• Like 1

Why do I even come here? :blink:

Sooo.... what DID you all think of The Abominable Bride? :whistle:

• Like 1

TAB was a treat!  A holiday marvel. Especially the shoes and costumes ; )    Now -- what did Sherlock mean when he said he knew "exactly" what Moriarity was going to do "now"??? Hmmmm? 

(is that more to your liking, Arcadia?)

Yes, although I liked everything about TAB except the shoes. :p

• Like 2

Now -- what did Sherlock mean when he said he knew "exactly" what Moriarity was going to do "now"??? Hmmmm? 

I guess that neither Moftiss knew that, they made Sherlock say that thing only to worry people (can I use this verb as transitive? (Sorry for my terrible English)).

My brain is getting fried :mellow:

• Like 3

I guess that neither Moftiss knew that, they made Sherlock say that thing only to worry people (can I use this verb as transitive? (Sorry for my terrible English)).

Yes. It means: "To annoy or disturb someone" (Oxford Dictionary). Your English is fine, don't worry about it. :)

• Like 4

@Arcadia.. (I know an intriguing scary-and-inhumane impractical foot/wear historical fact) but I let it pass this time :patpatpat: you had been tortured enough XD

I wonder if there are anything that we miss as some clues for that statement.

We are 'in his mind' all that time, means whatever clues he picks up, we should too. No?

Maybe it depends on the period of writing. I used to believe that when the writers put in the statement, they still had no idea yet about what they are going to do. However, TAB and series 4 should be the aftermath of Miss Me? and written 'together' or at least they already should have framework to work with, especially series 4 started filming soon after TAB. So it's very possible that they had dropped in subtle clues that we had missed.

• Like 3

Dang them!  Curse Mofftiss!  It's driving me kerazy that I can't figure out what they meant.  No idea. none whatsoever, nada, nothing, null set and void.  Sigh...

"virus in the data" refers to it? but what is "it"???

"he is on all the tv screens in England" is that a clue?? but wha? how? where? who?  Something about the computers at tv stations being virus infected???  But what is Moriarity going to do next? Waugh....  And Arcadia thought SHOES were a painful topic?

• Like 2

I still think it means Moriarty is going to do what the Bride did -- "come back" by means of other people taking his place, disguised so well that people will be fooled into thinking it really is him.

• Like 1