Holiday-Special News ("Abominable Bride")

sittything

I almost hope the Special doesn't give us the answer, I think I'd rather the answer be part of S4, for continuity reasons. On the other hand, I don't care where they put it as long as it makes sense......

Like Big Blue?   ;)

There could still be some continuity in the Special, presumably in the current day scene(s) with John & Mary.

Nothing mystifies me more than trying to figure out how that is going to work into it .... could it have been a red herring?

I almost hope the Special doesn't give us the answer, I think I'd rather the answer be part of S4, for continuity reasons. On the other hand, I don't care where they put it as long as it makes sense......

Like Big Blue?   ;)

Ssssshhh, don't give the Moftisses any ideas!

Good news for Danish and Finnish Sherlock fans - The Special is coming to selected theaters in our countries (announced through Facebook).

• Like 4

Good news for Danish and Finnish Sherlock fans - The Special is coming to selected theaters in our countries (announced through Facebook).

There's presumably still hope for other European countries, then.

And welcome back, S&J!  :wave:

• Like 2

That's this Facebook page?  For those of us who don't read Danish, Google translates it this way:

YES, it has succeeded in Cinemaxx Denmark to get the rights to show Sherlock : The Abominable Bride here in little Denmark , so now , I have to change the name and description of the event. Time and date will be added when I know when to show it. I'm still a little uncertain about whether they show the 1st . In January , but I'll update again when I know the date and time .

• Like 1

Oh my god! I live near the border! Yippee!!!! Do please let me know where and when - perhaps we could even meet...

Dear TOBY, I'm not sure that Oldenburg qualifies as being near the border, so that we could all meet up there somewhere, as Copenhagen is bound to have a venue, but have you checked that the Danes do not dub their films like ours do? It would be a complete waste of time, money and effort to go to a dubbed version. I can make heads or tails of something said in Danish, like Flemish, but 90 minutes' worth of Sherlock in Danish would be beyond exhausting in terms of focus!

• Like 1

I'd be very surprised if they showed a dubbed version in Denmark. As far as I know (and Danish forum members, please correct me if I am wrong), they show almost all films with original audio and subtitles there. That's why I love Danish TV - if I am staying anywhere that has television, I always check if they get a Danish channel.

• Like 1

Promotional posters in the style of the Rathbone movies.
12313647_760177370749527_320435153810385

12321489_760177374082860_202755158481822

• Like 3

I love the Christmas special picture of Holmes sitting in the chair and Watson standing beside him.  I wonder if there is some way to get a large copy of it.  It would look great in my small office at home. 

I just noticed that GB Posters is now offering a couple of posters based on "The Abominable Bride" -- one called "Sherlock Victorian Maxi Poster" and the other called "Sherlock Bride Portrait Maxi Poster."  Their website doesn't yet have pictures of these new posters, but I have emailed them for descriptions.  (I suppose they might be the two retro-style posters that Arcadia posted above -- but then again might not be.)

Alex and I have another of their Sherlock posters ("Sherlock Door Maxi," which is 2x3 feet), and like it so much that we framed it and hung it in our living room.

I love the Christmas special picture of Holmes sitting in the chair and Watson standing beside him.  I wonder if there is some way to get a large copy of it.  It would look great in my small office at home. 

I just noticed that GB Posters is now offering a couple of posters based on "The Abominable Bride" -- one called "Sherlock Victorian Maxi Poster" and the other called "Sherlock Bride Portrait Maxi Poster."  Their website doesn't yet have pictures of these new posters, but I have emailed them for descriptions.  (I suppose they might be the two retro-style posters that Arcadia posted above -- but then again might not be.)

Alex and I have another of their Sherlock posters ("Sherlock Door Maxi," which is 2x3 feet), and like it so much that we framed it and hung it in our living room.

Hmmm... they're not showing the images of the posters.  I do hope that an official poster is released, however, especially since it is being shown in the theatres.

I was thinking... If they're telling the story over again from the beginning, so to speak, maybe Mary will be reintroduced as well? And if she's in mourning, maybe she's either a widow in this version (well, she could be one in the modern version as well for all we know) or she's an orphan like the original and the mourning is for her father or both her parents. Or something totally different.

Wonder if we'll see another wedding?

Yay! Finally the special Sherlock for Christmas! :lol:

About Mary...honestly, I don't like her (she shot to Sherlock and ,never mind with what reason, but I hate her for this). I hope she won't be an important character in the film. I mean, I would prefer if there won't be any marriage between her and John, in this film.

• Like 1

I just noticed that GB Posters is now offering a couple of posters based on "The Abominable Bride" -- one called "Sherlock Victorian Maxi Poster" and the other called "Sherlock Bride Portrait Maxi Poster."  Their website doesn't yet have pictures of these new posters....

Now they have the pictures, and joanna48 is in luck!

FP4075-SHERLOCK-victorian-2.jpg  FP4097-SHERLOCK-bride-portrait.jpg

• Like 1

Yay! Finally the special Sherlock for Christmas! :lol:

About Mary...honestly, I don't like her (she shot to Sherlock and ,never mind with what reason, but I hate her for this). I hope she won't be an important character in the film. I mean, I would prefer if there won't be any marriage between her and John, in this film.

I understand, but it looks fairly clear to me that they're at least a couple in the Special, if not already married. I'll be amazed if she's still an assassin, though. 

I just came across this photo (from The Bristol Post this past February):

9459559-large.jpg

Another shot of John (clearly not simply Martin Freeman in costume) with a clean-shaven face.  Somehow that hat seems to need a mustache!

• Like 1

I just noticed that GB Posters is now offering a couple of posters based on "The Abominable Bride" -- one called "Sherlock Victorian Maxi Poster" and the other called "Sherlock Bride Portrait Maxi Poster."  Their website doesn't yet have pictures of these new posters....

Now they have the pictures, and joanna48 is in luck!

FP4075-SHERLOCK-victorian-2.jpg  FP4097-SHERLOCK-bride-portrait.jpg

Carol, I live in the USA.  Can I order the Sherlock Victorian Maxi poster thru GB Posters? 

Yup, you sure can.  That's how I got mine, and it even arrived in great condition.

And welcome back!  :wave2:

Carol, I live in the USA.  Can I order the Sherlock Victorian Maxi poster thru GB Posters? 

Yup, you sure can.  That's how I got mine, and it even arrived in great condition.

And welcome back!  :wave2:

How long did it take to get it?

How long did it take to get it?

Umm, good question.  According to me, it took about a month.  And here's some info from when we ordered.

Re: Mustache. It took me a while (as usual), but in the first teaser John says that he had to grow that mustache because the illustrator of his stories had drawn him like that. Well, that makes a perfect sense, doesn't it?

Oh, right -- I'd kinda forgotten that.  More specifically, wasn't it because otherwise nobody could tell the difference between him and Sherlock in the illustrations?  I took it to mean that he was tired of the confusion, so he grew the mustache, so then after that the illustrator started drawing him with it.

OK, here's the quote:  "Oh, blame it on the illustrator, he's out of control!  I've had to grow this mustache just so people would recognize me."  Yeah, I see your point -- that could be interpreted either way (and I must admit, now that I've heard your interpretation, it sounds more probable than mine).  Maybe we'll find out which way he meant it in January!

• Like 1