Holiday-Special News ("Abominable Bride")

sittything

Gaaaahh!!!  I can't play that video either -- this time, it says the plugin is disabled.  At least YouTube still works for me (*knock on wood*).

Do you by chance have ITunes on your computer?  If so, have something on it playing in the background (even if you turn its volume down).  I absolutely can't play any video at all if I don't have ITunes  going.  

Dearest Carol, could you ask the Admin if it might have something to do with the re-post on the forum coming from two enthusiastic users of Apple (sfmpco and J.P.) , since Apple is notoriously allergic to anything coming from outside its little enclosed bubble? It played fine on the iPad, and I had to giggle at all the "you know"s! For one reason or another, Martin is so much better a person than his Dr Watson, I could see him blushing a bit when it came to The Elephant in the Room, aka, TJLC!

So I guess it's not exactly a one-off like they said?

Sherlock I’ve just finished doing Cuffs, a BBC police drama set in Brighton, and am filming my last series of Mr Selfridge at the moment. Then in February we start shooting the fourth lot of Sherlock. I’m sworn to secrecy, but the story arc is brilliant. Before that there’s a Christmas special set in the Victorian era. It was so much fun to film, and felt like a real caper. Everything becomes clear as to why we’re in Victorian dress, but it still follows the path left by the third series.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/11870398/Sherlocks-Amanda-Abbington-actors-need-to-remember-how-lucky-they-are.html?utm_source=dlvr.it

• Like 1

Gaaaahh!!!  I can't play that video either -- this time, it says the plugin is disabled.  At least YouTube still works for me (*knock on wood*).

Do you by chance have ITunes on your computer?  If so, have something on it playing in the background (even if you turn its volume down).  I absolutely can't play any video at all if I don't have ITunes  going.  

It's on our computer in the sense that I could load it if I wanted to, but I haven't lately, no.  In fact, our internet connection is so sporadic today that I'm not loading anything other than what I'm using at the moment (not that that seems to be helping much).

Sherlock I’ve just finished doing Cuffs, a BBC police drama set in Brighton, and am filming my last series of Mr Selfridge at the moment. Then in February we start shooting the fourth lot of Sherlock. I’m sworn to secrecy, but the story arc is brilliant. Before that there’s a Christmas special set in the Victorian era. It was so much fun to film, and felt like a real caper. Everything becomes clear as to why we’re in Victorian dress, but it still follows the path left by the third series.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/11870398/Sherlocks-Amanda-Abbington-actors-need-to-remember-how-lucky-they-are.html?utm_source=dlvr.it

Thanks for putting that Abbington quote right in your post, Sitty!  (Saves me a battle of wits with the internet service.)  I'm guessing your interpretation is correct, in some sense or other -- it would explain why they filmed a scene with John and Mary in immediately-post-HLV modern garb, and would also make it plausible that the Special could explain Moriarty's apparent reappearance (as Moftiss seemed to be promising back a while ago).

• Like 1

Thanks for putting that Abbington quote right in your post, Sitty!  (Saves me a battle of wits with the internet service.)  I'm guessing your interpretation is correct, in some sense or other -- it would explain why they filmed a scene with John and Mary in immediately-post-HLV modern garb, and would also make it plausible that the Special could explain Moriarty's apparent reappearance (as Moftiss seemed to be promising back a while ago).

I am so excited by all this, you cannot imagine. It's already mid-September. Guys! Only about three more months to go! And then the Special will be barely over when we get filming news for series 4! It will be so much fun! There will be so much speculation! And I will watch it all on my new large TV screen. Yay! Yay! Yay!

• Like 4

Carol, I'm using Vista with both Firefox and Explorer, and the video plays in both, if that leads you anywhere.

Oh, can I add how much I hate iTunes?   There, that was cathartic.   :D

Yes, you may, and I share your feelings. Adore my iPod, though, so gotta take the good with the bad, I'm afraid.........

Well, the BBC has promised us Benedict Cumberbatch and Amanda Abbington, at least!

And some steamy Tom Hiddleston!

And a mustachioed Martin Freeman!

• Like 3

Well, the BBC has promised us Benedict Cumberbatch and Amanda Abbington, at least!

I mustache you a question, Watson your face?
  • Like 2

Tsk tsk, should've been born British. :P

Seriously, it looks like they're trying to get the DVD out ASAP, does that help?

No it doesn't... ASAP is too misleading in my experience..

Install a webcam over your TV and go on air. :P Or adopt me.

prettyplease.gif

Can't do this too. No one would want me. I bite.

Can't offer myself for marriage as well. Not in the market.

:rofl: The things J.P considers to do for Christmas special... XD

What I would do is avoid this forum (is it humanely possible! The double torture!) untill.. ehm... I find a way to watch it...

I'm hopeful that I can pop in right away after the special. Don't ask me how yet. Sometimes I'm blindly confident. XD

• Like 1

This is me trying to use iTunes to get stuff on my iPod...

tumblr_inline_moejzp5JXT1qz4rgp.gif

Also, my iPod is awesome.  It's a classic iPod I purchased back in 2006 and it's still kicking.  Haven't even had to send it in to get the battery replaced.

• Like 1

Is BBC America going to allow me to watch even a fraction of those shows in the video?  Or will they just keep on playing Star Trek?

• Like 1

emmastone-yum.gif

• Like 1

Well, although the special won't play on Christmas Day, which is 3 months away, it will play around that time, so we can say for sure that we only have about 3 months to go!  Need to get my satellite dish going.  I have a free year of service.

I mustache you a question, Watson your face?

Ooooo, you almost earned getting chased by the hatchet for that one, Aurelie! :P      :axe:

Keep calm and believe in wonders...

Keep calm and believe in Sherlock!

Is BBC America going to allow me to watch even a fraction of those shows in the video?  Or will they just keep on playing Star Trek?

I would count on more Star Trek. :P

You don't have PBS?

That reminds me; I just noticed that during the recent re-run of Sherlock on PBS, you could also watch each episode(free) online, for like an extra week or something. So might want to keep an eye on their website too, just in case. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/watch-online/

• Like 2

I would count on more Star Trek. :P

You don't have PBS?

That reminds me; I just noticed that during the recent re-run of Sherlock on PBS, you could also watch each episode(free) online, for like an extra week or something. So might want to keep an eye on their website too, just in case. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/watch-online/

You have to remember that my PBS station doesn't seem to be super cool like yours.   :D  Other than maybe Downton Abbey and Sherlock, I'm not sure what BBC stuff they show.  They don't even have Doctor Who.

Well, heck, mine doesn't have Doctor Who either. Oh wait, one of them does. Never mind......

Anyway, yours shows Sherlock, so whut's yer prrroblem????? :D

Seriously, I probably won't get to see most of those either, unless PBS decides to import them. Which depends in large part on popularity and funding, so better start donating during their pledge drives...... :D

• Like 2

Well, heck, mine doesn't have Doctor Who either. Oh wait, one of them does. Never mind......

Anyway, yours shows Sherlock, so whut's yer prrroblem????? :D

Seriously, I probably won't get to see most of those either, unless PBS decides to import them. Which depends in large part on popularity and funding, so better start donating during their pledge drives...... :D

DOCTOR WHO TOMORROW!!!
  • Like 2