Jump to content

What did you think of "A Study In Pink?"  

91 members have voted

  1. 1. Add Your Vote here:

    • 10/10 Excellent
    • 9/10 Not Quite The Best, But Not Far Off.
    • 8/10 Certainly Worth Watching Again.
    • 7/10 Slightly Above The Norm.
    • 6/10 Average.
      0
    • 5/10 Slightly Sub-Par.
      0
    • 4/10 Decidedly Below Average.
      0
    • 3/10 Pretty Poor.
      0
    • 2/10 Bad.
      0
    • 1/10 Terrible.
      0


Recommended Posts

Posted

If not because of Sherlock's behaviour toward other people, I would be interested on his Work. Connecting dots to form a complete puzzle is fun. Not saying that I would love to live with him (never can stand the rebel without clue act for a long time) but in the clinical way, I'd love to deconstruct the Holmes brothers' relationship to see what is the real problem. And Mrs. Hudson, kindly stay away please. I am not as nice as Mycroft when it comes to defending my boundaries.

Posted

Sherlock does lie, though. Horribly, and especially to John. Of all his traits, that is the one I have the most trouble dealing with. I keep hoping that he will learn that it's a Bit Not Good and stop, especially with John and Molly, because they each in their way trust, aid and adore him, and deserve better.

:soapbox:

Oh yes, he does, for cases. I was refering to SIP when they first met, he is probably the most honest person John has known.

Actually I am trying to think when he lies to John and Molly for no reasons.

 

Fake death? He does have good reasons, eventhough it's debatable.

The switch at TEH? That one is c*ck, but I sort of understand that, and it's not mean-spirited. A bit, yes. But that's what friends do XD and that is probably his way because he doesn't really know how to get out from awkward situation.

HLV? He was on case! At least he believes what he does is neccessary.

TGG? He wants to get Moriarty out.

HOB? For a case.

 

Yes, Sherlock lies. But again, he does that for reasons he believes neccessary?

At the very least, he is not two-faced and back-stabber, or white-lies worshipper. Which maybe the traits of most people we encounter daily.

Posted

He lies by omission a lot too. Not telling John he's going out to meet with the cabbie. Hiding drugs in the flat. Tricking him into taking Sarah to the Chinese circus. And then there's things like flattering Molly just so he can see the dead bodies (I've never quite forgiven him for that.)

Posted

Not telling John he's going out to meet with the cabbie.

For a case.

 

Hiding drugs in the flat.

Heh.

 

Tricking him into taking Sarah to the Chinese circus.

For a case.

 

And then there's things like flattering Molly just so he can see the dead bodies (I've never quite forgiven him for that.)

For a case.

 

:p

 

Don't blame me. I defend Sherlock when someone picks on him. And I pick on him when someone being too good to him. XD

Posted

4MIKbEq.gif

  • Like 1
Posted

I am thinking to say evil things about Sherlock until VBS defend him enough for me to call her as 'sugary, teeth-rotting sweet' person. :evilinside:

  • Like 2
Posted

Heh heh heh..... (rubs hands with glee) :evil:

  • Like 1
Posted

Nahhh... I don't follow my own rule :p, so keep those popcorn for now. My behind is flatten from riding a lot whole day so.. what is that got to do with this thread?

 

Anyway, good threat you have there Shadow, well played. Well played. I will shut up for now, until the day you don't see it coming!! Mahahahaha.....

  • Like 1
Posted

I am patient.......

Posted

Completely off topic but not worth starting a new thread for - do we ever, in any episodes, see Sherlock eat?

Posted

Really? I can't remember any scenes strangely. I know we see him drinking a fair bit, tea especially of course :) 

Posted

I remember him eating minced pie after throwing agent through window in SIB (I can understand that :P) and him eating something before he rushes out to rescue John in TEH.

 

We do have a food thread somewhere here. I can't dig it for you now, too tedious doing that on phone, I keep pressing wrong buttons because I am too impatient with the zooming. It should be somewhere in BBC general discussion if I remember correctly.

  • 7 months later...
Posted

Hi there, SH -- welcome to Sherlock Forum! :welcome:. Glad to see you here.

 

How long did it take you to start loving the episode?

Posted

I know a lot of people do love it, with it being the first time we see the boys together.

Posted

The thing that hasn't been done (and I haven't done it effectively in fan fiction either) is express that Sherlock kind of drops into a crime solving mode where even bodily functions like eating and sleeping are not as interesting as solving the mystery, but the rest of the time he's a normal human being. 

Posted

The thing that hasn't been done (and I haven't done it effectively in fan fiction either) is express that Sherlock kind of drops into a crime solving mode where even bodily functions like eating and sleeping are not as interesting as solving the mystery, but the rest of the time he's a normal human being. 

 

Would you care to define "normal"?

  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.Privacy PolicyGuidelines.